We have a nurture provision called the Link Learning Centre (LLC), which is a therapeutic strand of the GLC. Both provisions are overseen by Chris Dickinson.
This works on the six principles of nurture which are as follows:
- Children’s learning is understood developmentally
- The classroom offers a safe base
- The importance of nurture for the development of wellbeing
- Language is a vital means of communication
- All behaviour is communication
- The importance of transition in children’s lives
Ref: Lucas,S., Insley,K. and Buckland,G. (2006) Nurture Group Principles and Curriculum Guidelines Helping Children to Achieve, The Nurture Group Network.
Two member of staff, Dale Gorton and Dan Turner, have been trained by the emotional wellbeing team in the Local Authority in order to deliver this specialist programme. Pupils identified in consultation with staff and parents. The provision lasts for up to 4 terms and with a robust reintegration schedule, when children have made progress.